Wednesday, July 14, 2010

jamais vu

I've been thinking about that state of feeling unfamiliar with the familiar - jamais vu. More in relation to environment, not emotions. Though, I guess the two would be intertwined. Figuring out ways to represent this state is my next project idea for nfdu PROJECTS. I definitely want it to be a collaborative endeavor, but not sure about scope...? Seems more like a selective invitational, rather than a call for entries project. I have some people in mind that I would like to approach, probably best to do that and get their input and go from there. I keep thinking about the first time I saw a Hungry Jack restaurant in Sydney - it's the same as Burger King in the US - it's that feeling I had that I'm talking about. I'm conscious of the fact that this experience is so incredibly subjective that representing it objectively might be impossible. LOL, I'm having deja vu.

No comments:

Post a Comment