Friday, June 4, 2010

sf bound in a few weeks

I'm going to be in San Francisco in a few weeks and I'm looking very forward to it. I need a break. The trip is going to short, but it will be good to see friends and get out of southern winter for a bit. Last week I mentioned that I was going to look for a new job. I've decided to stick around (again) and see how things go. I was feeling as though I was in free fall mode and wasn't sure how to stop it. Things have stabilized, for now.

Speaking of rain (non sequitur), I've come to the conclusion that all it does in Sydney is rain and rain and rain. It rained all summer and now it appears it is going to rain all winter. People have said this is a bit unusual, but I no longer believe them. In the (almost) two years I have been here, I have seen more rain than I've seen in the past 12 years collectively. Eastern Washington is one of the most arid places on the planet, and the Bay Area is cold and foggy, but despite what people say, it doesn't rain that much except from November to March, and that's pretty much it. One year we went went 6 or 7 months without rain at all - it is things like that that I really miss.

3 comments:

  1. we have had so much rain in Seattle this Spring! Have fun in SFO! LUCKY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like friggin Seattle here...I hear you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to that point after about 2 years in SF. The novelty was gone and I missed 'home'. I wonder sometimes if I should have just changed things there - not sure if it would have made it better or just prolonged everything. At least you have David...

    Have a great time in the city and if you're near SFMOMA go by Anabelle's (4th & Mission) and have a gimlet for me.

    ReplyDelete