Saturday, March 6, 2010

sarah! sarah! sarah!

I finally began a project I've been thinking about  the a few months. It will be an online exhibition about Sarah Palin. I've invited approximately 100 artists to contribute - so I hope to get at least 25 to participate. We'll see how it goes. It's the main reason I created nfdu PROJECTS - to curate online exhibitions and work collaboratively with other artists. I hesitated for the longest time in moving forward - I kept going back and forth on the topic, and wasn't sure if it would really be something worth exploring...'it' being Sarah Palin. But after her appearance on The Tonight Show I knew it was the right thing to do. I just hope I get a fair amount of people to participate. Basically, I've asked people to create an artwork that uses SP as its theme. Everyone has something to say about Sarah, but I'm looking forward to seeing what these artists have to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment