Saturday, February 6, 2010

more diss than DADT

I've been sitting here for the past hour or so listening to the DADT hearings. Still trying to absorb it all. The smugness of Senators McCain and Sessions was very telling - of what I'm not really sure? I've come to the conclusion that the entire Republican party is nothing more than a group of jackasses, bitter and twisted. To the horror of many of my friends, I used to consider myself to be a conservative (the Randian kind)...I know, scary huh? The modern conservative movement made it very clear many years ago that it didn't want my kind around, I listened and haven't looked back.

In part 6 below, one Senator (whose name escapes me) sums it all up...how are you going to conduct a real study when the people in question can't come forward openly and talk about DADT and how it has affected them as soldiers?

...and herein lies the crux...the side that hates us (and they do hate us) wants to erase our humanity and deny we exist.

Don't ask, don't tell.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, at the end of the day, 99% of the positions taken and things said by anti-gay people amount to a denial that gay people even exist. I started writing a whole thing here outlining the way in which this line of denial is constructed by the "deniers," but then I thought, hell....f**k them.

    John W. again...

    ReplyDelete