Monday, February 8, 2010

day off

I took the day off. I just needed a day. We are going to be moving soon, as in this weekend, and we are still not sure where we are going to - the hope is that we will be staying in the building. We have an application on a unit, which is one level above. So we should know something soon. We were really hoping to find something higher up, but nothing is open currently. Anyway, fingers are crossed.

With nothing better to do, I was going through the blog archive and reading through past posts. I was going to compile a 'greatest hits' for the one year celebratory post, but after spending a couple of hours in 'copy and paste' mode I decided it was a horrible idea. Who cares what I think is worth reading on this blog? Blogging is a very self centered medium - I don't need to make it more so by directing you to what I (re)think you should be reading. So feel free to explore the archive links to the right on your own...

Speaking of blogs, over the weekend I discovered a blog by a friend who writes somewhat anonymously. I say that because her blog doesn't advertise who she is, even though her posts are very personal. At first, I thought I was reading fiction - an invented persona. There's something in the way she writes that made me question is this 'real' or not?  Of course this is my own projections...something I've been think about myself - blogging as a literary medium. I'm sure there is someone out there doing it, blogging a novel. If anyone knows of any, please send links my way...

No comments:

Post a Comment