Tuesday, January 5, 2010

so...

as an unspoken New Year's resolution, I promised myself I would write more frequently on the blog - as if all the drunken uploads of iPhone pics haven't been enough! I think of this project as a living public journal, but I don't really think that I've explored what the really means to me. Some days I want to use the blog to focus more on personal thoughts and happenings and other days I want to use it solely as a means to focus on public/social critique. Both are very important to me, but as usual I tend to cancel out my own ideas by trying to find the middle ground. I think the redesign over the break sparked new interest for me, even if it is a ready-made template provided by blogger. As some point, I'll work with someone to design the blog to be exactly the way I want it (or lock myself in a room for 10 days to figure out the code for myself). On the other hand, I do like working within constraints – my artwork always operated within that framework, so it make sense (at least to me) that this project would too. I look at the next couple of months as a trial period for where I want to go next with the blog. February 10 will mark my one year anniversary of blogging. So using that date as a deadline, I would like to have a clearer direction for the second year. I still want to keep things open, but it would be nice to set some goals and pass some milestones. The thing I have learned about this medium is that it gives you the feeling you are communicating with a lot of people directly, but the reality is that very few people are reading it. It's an odd state, but actually not much odder than making (physical) artwork – and it is a lot cheaper! Also, it feeds my narcissistic desire to blather on about my mundane shit, kinda like the way I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment