Monday, January 25, 2010

disconnected

Well, my new year’s resolution to blog more has been thwarted by my home internet’s lack of connectivity. Most annoying. I keep getting bumped offline, and haven’t had the chance to chase down the problem. Hubby usually deals with those things in the relationship. I’m pretty tech savvy, but when it comes to explaining a tech issue, I sound like a babbling moron! We are going to be moving into another unit in our building soon, so it’s probably not worth trying to identify the issue with Vodafone. By the time they ‘correct’ the problem, we will have already moved, and I think we are going to look into cable instead of wireless internet – it is just too unreliable in Sydney.


I have no idea what’s going on in the news – other than big stories. I’m the only one working today in my department, so will try to catch up at some point later. Australia Day is tomorrow and most people took a four day weekend. Australia Day is sorta like 4th of July in the US. It’s the day all citizens are intended to feel proud about their country. We celebrate the day we declared independence from England; they celebrate the arrival of the first ships to the continent – I just learned that some groups refer to Australia Day as Invasion Day...cf. Columbus Day.

History is relative, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment