Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I had intentions of sitting down and writing about my reflections of 2010, but when I actually tried to do it I thought, what a dumb idea. Who cares what I think about 2010? We all lived it together, and my thoughts won’t add any value to the topic. There are people I know who have endured a hell of year with the death of spouses, family, children, and lovers. I know others who have moved into exciting directions with new careers and surroundings. Facebook has certainly given me easy access to people’s lives. Sometimes I feel like I’m taking an active role in those lives and other times I feel like an accidental voyeur. Sometimes it’s meaningless fragments and other times it is earnest dialogue. Regardless, I’m grateful for the connection. So, as I sit here writing this on the first day of the New Year I can’t help but wonder what 2011 will have in store for me and my contemporaries? What marvels and accomplishments, tragedies and disappointments?

Let the race begin.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Hope you're starting off right down under.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete