Wednesday, April 21, 2010

the discreet charm of 'friends' on facebook

Here are a couple of my favorite (crazy?) things I've seen on FB this morning:

and DEAR LORD, THIS YEAR YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTOR, PATRICK SWAYZIE. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTRESS, FARAH FAWCETT. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE SINGER, MICHAEL JACKSON. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, MY FAVORITE PRESIDENT IS BARACK OBAMA. AMEN.

and
likes Christians Who Want A National Day Of Prayer!

I can deal with the first one as silly childish right-wing humor. I can dive into silly childish left-wing humor from time to time...however, I don't recall wishing ('praying,' seriously do you think god really listens?) George W. Bush would die, even though he did lie to get us into war.

The second one...well, seriously. what. the. fuck? A national day of prayer? I have one word, creepy.

I guess both are proud 'tea-baggers' or whatever they are calling themselves these days...?

No comments:

Post a Comment