Friday, December 10, 2010

DADT and Rev Fred Phelps

So, DADT wasn't overturned today in the Senate. That's depressing. It's like 5 year old children in charge of a really big machine. Let's call a spade a spade, it's people's religious beliefs that drive this insanity; rather, the religious beliefs of their constituents. Reid called the vote early, some of the Senators freaked out...blah, blah, blah. At the end of the day, it's cowardice, and after a while, it gets to you. I sometimes wonder, why do I give a shit?

I saw today that the Rev Fred Phelps is going to protest Elizabeth Edwards' funeral. I can't even begin to fathom what goes on in his brain. I think it is funny (and a bit sad) that people of 'faith' say he will burn in Hell. I'm like, no, he won't. Hell doesn't exist. That's the rub. However, Phelps will continue to make a lot of people's lives here on Earth, hell. I seriously can't wait for this jackass to die, so I can picket at his funeral. I think I'll carry a sign that says: FRED IS DEAD, MAY HIS BODY ROT IN THE COLD GROUND.

No comments:

Post a Comment