Friday, June 5, 2009

This weekend...

...has been a long time coming. Finally, three days off. The Queen's Birthday, not sure which queen--there's so many to choose from. The past few weekends have flown by. It seems like I blink and Friday becomes Monday. Bear in mind this speedy transformation of days is happening without narcotics.

Last weekend we made it out of Sydney for the first time since living here...went to Canberra to watch an AFL game. Who knew? It was fun, but short (the trip, not the game.) Canberra reminds me of the area I grew up in, except it is the capitol of Australia. So, it's like the area I grew up in, minus the monuments. As a capitol, Canberra is very quaint, more like a US state capitol than a national one. Speaking of which, I've never been to D.C.

Well, I was in the D.C. airport once.

No comments:

Post a Comment