Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Really, former Nixon speech writer turned actor turned game show host turned asshole?
Babyboomers have no clue what to do with Obama.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
With that said, here it goes (in no particular order)...
1. San Francisco is the best city ever and it will always be my home, regardless whether or not we ever make it back there. For the record, I have no regrets about moving to Australia.
2. Traveling great distances can be taxing on the body, but it is a lot of fun. You just have to let go and let it all happen around you until it is over. Otherwise, you'll go nuts.
3. Cancer is a shitty disease. Everyone in my life now who is HIV+ is living healthy productive lives, which I'm grateful. Everyone in my life with cancer has died or is dying. Given the choice, I know which route I would rather go.
4. Americans weren't as loud as I thought they were going to be. The music in bars was loud though, which made everyone talk above it (which made everyone loud, I guess).
5. Everything is ridculously cheap in the US, sadly most Americans have no idea this is the case.
6. I really enjoyed seeing my family, but realise more than ever that I could never ever live in TN/KY again. It is a goddamn trek to get anywhere you want to go. I honestly don't understand how they live like that...spending all that time in a car!
7. P and B need to get over their bullshit and be friends again.
8. The image of K in a jockstrap passed out on the couch...priceless.
9. I cannot drink vodka like I used to.
10. Staying at the Mark Hopkins the last week was fucking awesome!
11. Much of the trip was a blur.
12. On our return flight to Sydney from LA, we were told that our seats weren't together because we had not been flagged as traveling together. WTF VAustralia?!!!??? Get your shit together - okay? This was one of those moments that access to my Twitter account would have been most delightful.
Many thanks to the man who traded seats with me.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
The first 2 questions are from American expats. Funny and not
surprising. We LOVE to be the center of attention.
First Aussie question is about Michelle. Typical male bullshit.
Oh no, back to JFK and Cuban missles!
International policies and his critics.
Greenstein's litmus for a good leader. Cognitive style. Emotional
capacity. Clinton's affair.
Obama admin as think tank.
The Clinton healthcare failure.
Back to identity.
Nobody knows where it's going (the admin)!
Now for discussion and Q and A.
Fred Greenstein speaks. I think he is American. I know he is, the
accent...or a non accent as it were.
He's comparing Obama to finding a new animal in the outback.
He's listing the pres from eisenhower to Obama.
The articulate word. He's very smart for a black man!
Comparison to JFK.
The torch is passed to a new generation!
Brief history of Obama's life. Vietnam is not apart of his life- too
Self taught african American identity.
Health care. Obama's challenge.
Fiancial crisis. The happy nation of Australia. Wondering if the
audience cares about the topic?
Major events of hi pres. He's only been in office a year!